We have finally reached a new milestone and have backported and added support for vmaps4 and dynamic line of sight

What's new:
  • Line of Sight will now work with dynamic objects (no blink through doors, etc.)

• Height calculation will be more accurate and might fix some glitches

• Movements maps will be more accurate and might fix some glitches (if you regenerate them smile)

• Dependencies have been updated such as libmpq, jemalloc or recastnavigation

Whats required:
  • Since internal structure and collision has changed you are required to rebuild vmaps using a freshly compiled vmap_extractor and vmap_assembler.

• You are encouraged but not required to re-extract maps (a formula has changed)

• You are encouraged but not required to regenerate mmaps (as vmaps changed and mmaps are generated from them, the new mmaps will be more accurate)

How to go back to vmaps3

If you can't switch to new vmaps immediately and you have alraedy updated your repository, you can revert the changed by going back to latest revision before vmaps4. There is a bookmark called 'vmaps3 for that commit. Just run update command in mercurial to that revision and recompile.

"A little hard-work never killed anyone important." - Abe

Awesome! Nice work!

I look forward to testing it out. smile Excellent work.

4 (edited by dikkedeur 2015-09-01 07:35:19)

i have a testserver laying around, so will look forward to do so, but the problem is that i dont have a windows machine here only mac and unix, so redoing all the maps vmaps and mmaps will be a problem for me right now.

dikkedeur wrote:

i have a testserver laying around, so will look forward to do so, but the problem is that i dont have a windows machine here only mac and unix, so redoing all the maps vmaps and mmaps will be a problem for me right now.

You don't have to extract them on windows, do you?

"A little hard-work never killed anyone important." - Abe

Great Job  Zaffy (like always) big_smile i cant wait to do some testing big_smile

BTW: Hi Henhouse, great to see you again on OC wink (sorry for Offtopic)

Zaffy wrote:
dikkedeur wrote:

You don't have to extract them on windows, do you?

Hegladios is helping me out as always tongue

Nice big_smile

Master of PHP

This is great!

It seems to be working fine on windows. However, we are having some trouble compiling on Unix due to jemalloc updates.
(https://forums.oregon-core.net/viewtopic.php?id=348)
Is anyone else having this issue?

Great work