Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! I really liked oregoncore.
But I can not, to port all of their characters with cmangos
Is there any method? I would be very grateful for the help.
In my database of more than 500,000 characters, I would like them to move on oregoncore.
Sorry for my English!

i don't followed the changes on cmangos for the last years, but generaly all except the character data field should be easy to convert. there maybe some renamings or additional fields, but no magic

as far as i know the character data field was changed on OC but not in the same way as mangos had done it. there was a branch with the complete rewriting, but this was not working, and as far as i know never merged.

to convert the character data just compare the fields in code of both cores and move the data around, this should work.

Do they have char dump command? Most probably there will be only different structure in db it wouldnt be so hard to migrate. I dont have my computer right now but when i get it back i will take a look on the db of theirs and hopefully will come with a solution

"A little hard-work never killed anyone important." - Abe

Thank you all for answers! Problems arose only with the field data. Love forum oregoncore;) On my cmangos similar topic blocked

Who can help me with a field of date? Remuneration will

https://github.com/cmangos/mangos-tbc/c … 48a5af3073  I imported in oregon that change, but it does not work for me. Characters do not know the language and there are no clothes

The values seems to be the same. Are you talking about 2.4.3 cmangos?

"A little hard-work never killed anyone important." - Abe

Yes on cmangos 2.4.3. This change I ported to her, in the end I get
oregon

http://pastebin.com/iYExUVbi -The fact that I made myself, and it affected level3 guild as it is not compiled smile And I do not create a character, I know that the problem begins with std :: ostringstream ss; incorrectly placed parenthesis, but I think it is not so, because going for the main character, I can not say no and spells. For some characters, gives the client crash. For any help repay. Thank you!

Excuse me, but I want to ask a question. Anybody have any thoughts on this issue is not present?

one suggestion, don't change oregoncore code (like your pastebin), it makes tonns or trouble.

better write a sql query (or a application) in whatever language you prefer to remap the data blob (character data field)

see mangos for documantation of mangos data field positions and see oregoncore code for oregoncore data field positions.

then load your sql, split data blob in field and remap positions, for example:

oregondata[123] = mangosdata[158];
oregondata[124] = mangosdata[160];
(only example)

if this is done run script, dafe oregondata to data field in your DB and its done!

!! Dont forget the backup!!

desteny wrote:

one suggestion, don't change oregoncore code (like your pastebin), it makes tonns or trouble.

better write a sql query (or a application) in whatever language you prefer to remap the data blob (character data field)

see mangos for documantation of mangos data field positions and see oregoncore code for oregoncore data field positions.

then load your sql, split data blob in field and remap positions, for example:

oregondata[123] = mangosdata[158];
oregondata[124] = mangosdata[160];
(only example)

if this is done run script, dafe oregondata to data field in your DB and its done!

it requires a php script? Not really understand, I apologize
!! Dont forget the backup!!

it requires a php script? Not really understand, I apologize

it can be done with php script, sql script, c++, c#, vb, or any other language you prefer to code it needs only a mysql data provider to read from database!

but it doesn't exists anything out of the box you need to code something

Anybody can do it for a fee? I understand that the project is open source, but I pay for this effort

up! Anybody has script for transfer character database from mangos 2.4.3 to oregoncore, or maybe somebody can do this script for the money.

sorry for my bad english.