Hi, oregon.

I'm not really sure if I'm posting the right section, excuse me, if not.

My problem is simple I suppose. All the texts in game, like quests, NPC's names etc. are in English, though I got, say, french client, I've extracted the french maps and dbc as well as the english ones. The oregoncore.conf dbc setting is 255 also, so what am I doing wrong and is it fixable?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the dumb question.

Cheers.

this is only the half part of localization. you have all client extracted data in french, but there is also database content, this needs to be translated.

you can take a look at the world database there are tables named "locales_*" they are for localizing the related table texts.

i suggest to search for a french tbc (tc1 or mangos) related database translation and fix / add the missing parts, its a lot of work but less then translate all the stuff from zero.

maybe someone in here has already a french OC localization?! maybe try to ask, but i personaly don't know.

desteny wrote:

this is only the half part of localization. you have all client extracted data in french, but there is also database content, this needs to be translated.

you can take a look at the world database there are tables named "locales_*" they are for localizing the related table texts.

i suggest to search for a french tbc (tc1 or mangos) related database translation and fix / add the missing parts, its a lot of work but less then translate all the stuff from zero.

maybe someone in here has already a french OC localization?! maybe try to ask, but i personaly don't know.

Yeah, thanx a lot. I've already understood this, sorry for not replying in here.

Thanks for the answer once again.