Hey!

If you don't know what AoWoW is:
AoWoW is a wowhead-like database for end users running private wow servers. It was originally developed for mangos. And its quite old now so there sure are many incompatibilities iwth out db. Most probably all those links to unofficial "wowheads" are links to some sort of aowow software.

My question is whether any one of you would be interested in developing it for Oregon? Desteny gave me a copy for 2.4.3, but it will need some effort to get it working on OC.

Basically all you'd need to know is some php and sql. I can give you better db for spellinfos etc from DBCs that were converted to sql (sqlite).

I just ask because IMHO it'd be very nice to have AoWoW for OC but really I don't have time for that. I'm glad when I find some time for main core; although I know php and sql and can help with the development, but I can't lead it.

"A little hard-work never killed anyone important." - Abe

it would be great, but from my experience there where some problems with it ( meaning security ) it has been a long time, but i recall that it was not "safe" out of the box..
but that was some time ago..
overall it would be very nice, since wowhead is way ahead of 2.4.3 data, and you get data right of your own OC database.
im not a php guy myself..

The repo is private

Source would be taken out and new official repo would be created.

5 (edited by obana 2016-01-30 16:27:38)

Good idea. I can help with the development of AoWoW.
I uploaded to hosting my AoWoW version adapted from 3.3.5 to 2.4.3 OC.
If you want to see, I will give a link to the PM.

Sorry for my bad english

Great!

So, jjust you (and anyone else who wants) give me your GitHub login and I'll fork the repo right away and give you full access to it. I don't really need the link. I guess development would be done on a local machine but if you're interested I could give you also access to our domain like aowow.oregon-core.net for deployment and related stuff.

Could you and I allow access to the repository? My github: zugurysus

OK The repo is located at https://github.com/OregonCore/AoWoW
I sent you both invitations. If anyone else is interested too, just let me know.

This Thread is for AoWoW, i have cancelled all offtopics (Elua) here please repost your questions in the right place

https://forums.oregon-core.net/viewtopic.php?id=425

this is necessary to keep the forum clean, for any user who searchs, offtopic is still a big problem!

Back to topic:
is there any REST or Json Service planned for OC? (like TC2 does)

if yes AoWoW can be combined with this services using data via JSON and not by loading DBC and DB.
then it could be usefull to not make work twice

i googled 1 time ......LOADING.....................100%

RESULT................ https://www.assembla.com/spaces/mangos_ … rmory/wiki

Testet................ Works...

why cant any ppl google?

Armory targets differed goal than AoWoW.

Also IMO MBA is not secure. I had had funny times hacking it when I played wow in the past. I am not sure of their current state though.

and what about AoWoW zaffy? how secure is that?? do oyu have experience with that? tongue

tongue

dikkedeur wrote:

and what about AoWoW zaffy? how secure is that?? do oyu have experience with that? tongue

Honestly, I don't know.

I currently can't run it since I don't have much tme for it and my php version is 7 so it will require me to compile php5 or to run another environment to test it.

But from what I've seeo from code they at least use parametized sql queries  That doesn't mean its done securely, though. There's are many other vulnerabilities on the web. The code is very old and very surely needs revisions. It's current state is very ugly to my eyes. I got a lot of experience in web security and can make a pentest on aowow in the future and make sure that its really secure and safe for use by end-users - but still on the 2nd place after main core.

But still, MBA and wowhead have different purposes and since MBA works more with players' data than wowhead there's much higher potential risk. There is still way to "secure" them by using some kind of "sandbox". For example limiting user privileges in database to read-only or periodically generating backups of dbs that will be used for armory or aowow.

Some time ago i write LordUsagi about ported AoWoW that i make for myself, but he ignore me.

I try migrate this in repo in github and make public

That would be great!

all i know is that current branch works great at this moment, i dont know what kotische one is different then the one that is in the aowow branch, but i have it setup right now and it works like it should..
havent encountered anything weird ..... yet... tongue

Craniaks is having trouble with it.

19 (edited by Craniaks 2016-03-04 18:15:41)

LordUsagi wrote:

Craniaks is having trouble with it.

En effet, les fichiers ne fonctione pas.
Après quelques modifications tout est OK.
Aussi, j'ai essayé de modifier les lignes importantes qui demandait des corrections in github mais aucun changement dans le dépot.

J'ai aussi ajouter la langue Française.
Mais le menu de selection de la langue est buggé (dans ma version en tout cas).

----------

Indeed, the file does not.
After some modifications everything is OK.
Also, I tried to change the important lines that required corrections in github but no change in the deposit.
I also add the French language.
But the selection of menu language is buggy (in my version anyway).

Guys, the AoWoW objects section is not working correctly, or i missed something? if it is not a big request, send me a detailed installation instruction please!

http://rhidenor.ddns.net/db/?objects=9

Best regards: Rhidenor

rhidenor wrote:

Guys, the AoWoW objects section is not working correctly, or i missed something? if it is not a big request, send me a detailed installation instruction please!

the script sends a request based on a less than necessary

kotishe wrote:
rhidenor wrote:

the script sends a request based on a less than necessary

Thank you!

23 (edited by trollo159 2016-05-16 21:49:39)

Hello, i testing this but i get error smile How i can fix it?

SQL Error: Undeclared variable: DBSIMPLE_ERROR_NO_VALUE at D:\xampp\htdocs\test\subdom\db\objects.php line 47

Array
(
    [codee] => 1327 /* its code but i can't use this without error topic on forum */
    [message] => Undeclared variable: DBSIMPLE_ERROR_NO_VALUE
    [query] => 
            SELECT g.*  , a.requiredskill1 as `skill`  

FROM   gameobject_template g

WHERE 
                name != ""
                  AND g.type = 1   

AND g.data0=a.lockID AND g.type=3 AND a.type2=2 AND 1=1  

AND g.entry = q.300 
            ORDER by name
             LIMIT DBSIMPLE_ERROR_NO_VALUE 

[context] => D:\xampp\htdocs\test\subdom\db\objects.php line 47
Sorry for my bad English smile

bump

Sorry for my bad English smile

I serached for DBSIMPLE_ERROR_NO_VALUE on GitHub Repo

Found this one:
https://github.com/OregonCore/AoWoW/blo … e.php#L759

It seems this will be thrown if placeholderArgs is not set but without explanation where the error is happen and how to reproduce its impossible to tell more