1 (edited by Baynar 2015-12-29 18:50:27)

Hello guys i have searched a lot for a good TBC core and so far with comments and everything i see your core is the most stable

I have some problems when compiling the core with VS 2008 express

========== Build: 17 succeeded, 3 failed, 1 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Windows 10

downloaded and followed the guide on your wiki step by step and downloaded all the correct versions

what do i need to send so you can help me

end result after compile is

ace.dll
libmysql.dll
map_extractor
vmap_extractor
vmap_assembler
oregonrealm.confg
oregon-realm

oregon core build log

Compiling...
WheatyExceptionReport.cpp
WorldRunnable.cpp
RASocket.cpp
RARunnable.cpp
OCSoap.cpp
Master.cpp
Main.cpp
CliRunnable.cpp
Compiling resources...
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
Performing Pre-Link Event...
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\game\Release\game.lib'

I suggest to use vs 2010 or 2012

We've moved to support C+11 and thus your compiler must also support C+11.

You can see a list of features, and which version of Visual Studio supports them Here.

4 (edited by Baynar 2015-12-30 00:14:48)

I download VS 10 pro and atm i building it so far i was able to build and movement map extractor... lets see if oregon core comes to me

but still

========== Build: 22 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

20>Time Elapsed 00:00:49.55
23>  WheatyExceptionReport.cpp
23>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\game\Release\game.lib'
23>
23>Build FAILED.

Probably the game.lib is in use and you can't override it or you don't have enough permissions to create that file (try running as admin)

"A little hard-work never killed anyone important." - Abe

Same hmm everything expect oregon-core is being build

so from the logs i see the code breaks here

1>..\..\..\OregonCore\src\game\Map.cpp(555): error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before ':'
for (Creature* c : updateList)
                VisitNearbyCellsOf(c, grid_object_update, world_object_update);

and also here

1>..\..\..\OregonCore\src\game\SmartScriptMgr.cpp(260): error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before ':'
     1>..\..\..\OregonCore\src\game\SmartScriptMgr.cpp(260): error C2530: 'e' : references must be initialized
     1>..\..\..\OregonCore\src\game\SmartScriptMgr.cpp(261): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'

for (SmartScriptHolder const& e : itr->second)

That's C+11 stuff. VS 2010 doesn't support that.

So i go on my jorney for VS12 ? big_smile

VS10 works fine too

so why am i getting those error

something in mysql or idk anymore

i really wanna compile the core and start writing scripts to practice my c++ and what better way then developing a game you like

Well, I'm sorry but Usagi seems to be right. You'll need to update. Although VS 2010 does support some features c++11 and I was able to compile OC with it before, it seems like new revisions won't compile because code is starting use of c++11 features that are not supported by vs 2010. Time to upgrade.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

CORE COMPILEDDD

thank you for the feedback all learned alot now its time to insert the database and so on hopefully everything is ok

one other thing is are the map vmap and mmap extractors working so i know to download or extract the map

<333333333333333

true vs 2010 is not working since some usage of c+++ language features, but 2012 works, even 2013 works, but i dont know if cmake for vs 2015 is already fixed?

i suggest and realy hope that 2015 gets working soon, cause its free to use, no license for anyone.
it will resolve much problems for new people cause its easy to find and download and we can drop the support for older versions of VS cause anyone can update for free

14 (edited by Baynar 2015-12-30 15:48:37)

so....

can someone give me the newest database ?

or how to get it update it i keep getting

gameobject_template table is out of date

@desteny My machine doesn't want to install VS 2015. Chucks a fit everytime. It's the only reason I haven't tried it out. I'm using 2012 currently.

@Baynar You can find a base DB download on the repositories "Download" section. It's about 100 revisions behind so you'll need to run updates manually or enable the DB updater in your oregoncore.conf file.

LordUsagi wrote:

@Baynar You can find a base DB download on the repositories "Download" section. It's about 100 revisions behind so you'll need to run updates manually or enable the DB updater in your oregoncore.conf file.

So then we should be using this one found within the download section,

https://bitbucket.org/oregon/oregoncore/downloads

and not this one, which is in the source folder within the repo?

https://bitbucket.org/oregon/oregoncore … at=default

The wiki calls out using the second one found within the source folder.

https://wiki.oregon-core.net/index.php/ … e_database

You can still use the one in the source folder but you've got a lot of updating to do. The repository downloads one is just a convenient up to date one.

There's no problem in using either, just the amount of time spent updating afterwards.

Server is ready and even online playing with my friends big_smile

i will make a new topic for my other question

desteny wrote:

true vs 2010 is not working since some usage of c+++ language features, but 2012 works, even 2013 works, but i dont know if cmake for vs 2015 is already fixed?

i suggest and realy hope that 2015 gets working soon, cause its free to use, no license for anyone.
it will resolve much problems for new people cause its easy to find and download and we can drop the support for older versions of VS cause anyone can update for free

The things that didn't compile with VS 2015 were mysqlclient and ace. I upadted ace and now only mysql client (mariaclient) remains. Then compilation will work just fine.

All visual studios are free under express versions prior to vs 2015.

From what I used vs 2015 I must say that although it looks great i found a very annoying thing - it crashes offline or behind a firewall. So you need to permanently connected to internet - wondering why....

I got around that tho with Fiddler that debugs network connection. Just use breakpoint on everything coming to visual studio servers and when the connection is paused you can continue to work even offline.

well VS10 works fine