1 (edited by Richgang 2015-02-02 12:35:45)

Greeting stuff, I think we need bug report topic on this forum, so we can talk through it about bugs, everyone will share their idea and finally issue will be solved. Bug Tracker "http://bugtracker.oregon-core.net" is so boring i think...
Nice to see new topic added about bugtracking. thanks

I do agree with that we need to discuss bugs, although I think bugtracker is the right place to that. Nevertheless you are free to use this forums for the same purpose. Although I don't think its necessary right now, becaue there isn't much interest in that. If the posts about bugs here will be growing, we'll create a category for that and migrate all topics there.

"A little hard-work never killed anyone important." - Abe

i should have a quest tracker tool somewhere. It enables users to give fedback on questst (fully working, bugged, non working) Its like a complete overview of all quests. Its a simple php script. Gonna look for it and share it here.

I remember seeing that on the old OC forums but it never worked, the SQL query timed out always.

that had to do with the database being on a different server then the forums were smile
That database server was almost always out of service

forum will be a good place to someone new(like me) find something useful.
i agree with that

i think the github tracker works just fine, you can assign labels to certain bugs and for its better then grinding trough a forum.

/sign

dikkedeur wrote:

i think the github tracker works just fine, you can assign labels to certain bugs and for its better then grinding trough a forum.

i think a forum cant handle this task, this is why bugtracker are made, and the git issue tracker is realy good doing this job, even if there are long discussions

I'm actually in love with how fluid the github issue tracker feels, and it's most definitely the correct place to report bugs. But being unable to start your core because you've not ran SQL updates ISN'T a bug. It's a fault, on your end, and the forums are a good place to talk about those things.

LordUsagi wrote:

I'm actually in love with how fluid the github issue tracker feels, and it's most definitely the correct place to report bugs. But being unable to start your core because you've not ran SQL updates ISN'T a bug. It's a fault, on your end, and the forums are a good place to talk about those things.

who is the thanks buttom for this answer