Dear members of the community,

Kinda wondering which database version you guys are using with the most recent core?

Tried a bunch of databases;

-The included dump.
-A very old revision updated with the sources provided by the core (updates old) up to 0.0.7 1/3.
-The base from this link https://code.google.com/p/oregondb/downloads/list.

But the all have various things missing / broken.

Now i have to be honest i'm not a long time user of Oregon, used to work a lot on newer content but the whole 2.4.3 experience has pulled my attention and i really want to give it a go.
So i have no idea if there is any fully compatible base ready for the current revision of the core. If not i would not mind putting some effort in it to make that happen.

But if any of you guys have a descent base ready and would not mind sharing a dump or a location i would be very grateful.

Anyways great work so far on the core and i appreciate it a lot that there are other developers and players out there with the passion to make reliving one of the best expansions out there happening.

Regards,

-- Tibs

NULL is the Chuck Norris of the database – nothing can be compared to it.

SELECT finger FROM hand where id = 3

Hey Tibs,
As far as I'm aware, Zaffy and myself are using the dump that's included in the repository. As such, we only look to address errors/faults included in that one.

I have used OregonDB in the past, and it is missing a lot of functionality and features but it also is ahead in certain areas.

Out of curiosity, what's missing? I know for a fact that on either DB version, Skettis, is missing a tonne of spawns.

I think it'd be great to compile a list and then we know what we're looking for, and even if so possibly merge the two.

Cheers,
    Usagi

Hey LordUsagi,

LordUsagi wrote:

I think it'd be great to compile a list and then we know what we're looking for, and even if so possibly merge the two.

I'm up for that, might spend some time sorting out stuff for the database this weekend, will keep you guys informed.

As to your question about whats missing, i cant tell for sure yet one of the things i do notice is with the latest rev and the base included its spitting errors like the "creature_equip_template" just to give one example
Now i did notice that around _1800 (updates) there is a query to change the "creature_equip_template" to a RAW table and create a new "creature_equip_template" only i cant seem to find an update that includes data for that table.

Either overlooking the file or you guys intend on moving the data to a different table and simply keep the old table as placeholder.

Either way its those issues that grab most of my attention as they are needed, spawns and such are for me nothing more than quality of life.
Don't get me wrong all issues are important but my highest priority is to get a clean boot from the core with zero to none errors.

Looking forward to working on this project as it has lots of potential.
And off course with you guys and the rest of the community  smile

Regards,

-- Tibs

NULL is the Chuck Norris of the database – nothing can be compared to it.

SELECT finger FROM hand where id = 3

Yeah, keeping the old data for that particular table was a placeholder. I find it much more cleaner to use items but not all items exist in item_template. So hopefully, we can make it grab the data from the dbc instead. The whole thing will be a pain in the butt, but it's on the to do list.

I look forward to working with you.